Sunday, July 22, 2007

Advertising - money to charity

In case you noticed, there are two changes - one, I have started writing articles again :) I feel bad that I could not complete the basic articles for MBA preparation. I should have completed them. I decided that I will write articles atleast one per week.

Two, I have given away the space for advertising. The money that will come from adsense will purely go to charity - particularly the school that I am raising funds for. The school is near slums in Chittoor - called Gabriel School - educating 22 kids from slums. I am one of the board members and deeply understand the need for money for them. I could not believe it, but they survive for a month only on just $200 per month! That is because the teachers do not take any salary and they just want to help kids in the slums.

If you do click on the advertisements, the money would go to charity.

6 comments:

Sumanth said...

I clicked them a couple of times.. how many clicks do u need? Or how much does adsense pay you per click? I dont think its fixed rt.. just curious!

Nishkala said...

Thanks 3311. It is very encouraging to see that people are still very actively reading my blog and are finding it useful. This gives even more inspiration to keep updating my blog. I will definitely keep writing atleast once a week.

To answer your questions, here is the data from Adsense:

Page impressions Clicks Page CTR Page eCPM [?] Earnings
AdSense for Content 18 4 22.22% $134.75 $2.43

The earnings till now are $2.43! So for every 1000 clicks, $134..75 would be deposited.

I have to interpret the other numbers! But thanks, for clicking the ads.

You know what, I think its better to post the earnings per month - so people really know how much their clicks are helpful to the poor and the school. What do you think?

harsha said...

Definetely.. I will do that.. !!

Any thing for a good cause.. brings great fortune to the support seekers

Unknown said...

I clicked the link for couple of times.
I like to know how the money is generated by just clicking the links.who will pay the money.
Just curious!

Anonymous said...

"The only favor that I ask from you - if you ever found my blog useful, please do click on the advertisements whenever you visit my blog! And remember that you are doing it for charity..."

I understand the cause, but being a user of adsense myself, I can tell that asking users to click on ads is not only unethical, but it is also illegal (check out the google T&C).

You might want to take those lines out, before it lands you in trouble. Ashutosh.

Nishkala said...

Thanks Ashutosh for the inputs. I really appreciate it. I was so busy and had not noticed it :)